- Published: 21 October 2019
Georgetown, Guyana - (October 21, 2019) Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix, on Saturday, emphasized the importance of birth registration to residents of Khan Hill, Barima-Waini (Region One).
The Minister of Citizenship, who was among several Government ministers at a community meeting in…
- Published: 16 October 2019
Georgetown, Guyana - (October 16, 2019) Technical Officer, Department of Citizenship, Mr. Jermaine Grant, recently attended a five-day High-Level Meeting on Statelessness in Geneva, Switzerland, where he made several pledges to reassure Guyana’s commitment to address the issue.
Mr. Grant, who…
- Published: 30 September 2019
Georgetown, Guyana - (September 30, 2019) Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix, on Sunday night, informed that only three Guyanese families decided to return here from the hurricane ravaged island, The Bahamas.
The Minister and a representative from the Civil Defence Commission (CDC) travelled…
- Published: 01 October 2019
Georgetown, Guyana - (October 1, 2019) Guyana recently participated in a two-day Technical Meeting on the Quito Process held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, during which the representatives agreed to the creation of a Regional Information Card for Venezuelan migrants.
Legal Officer, Frontiers Division,…
- Published: 23 September 2019
Georgetown, Guyana – (September 23, 2019) Minister of Citizenship, Mr. Winston Felix, while welcoming home a second family of five from hurricane-ravaged island, The Bahamas, emphasized Government’s willingness to facilitate the return of other Guyanese survivors.
Guyanese Vanessa Tate,…
- Repatriation efforts for Hurricane Dorian survivors being streamlined -National Policy for overseas natural disaster response to be developed
- First set of Guyanese return home from hurricane-ravaged The Bahamas -Minister Felix says 23 more want to return
- Minister Felix rebuffs false MTV News Update story on African Nationals -demands an apology
- Teachers to be trained in English as a second language -to cater to Venezuelan migrant children